Headline- 421cc Round Midrange Silicone Implants turn out saggy.

Hi. I am 19yrs, 5'3, 120lbs. Pre-34B. Post-34D. 421cc. I got Round Midrange (Style 15- Natrelle) silicone implants (unders) 9 months ago and they are droopy now. I told the Doc I wanted big breasts w/ cleavage but a little natural-looking. I am very disappointed and want to re-do asap. I thought they would be bigger and perkier..I am now thinking 500 or 550cc Mod+ or HP. My right boob is also a bit bigger and saggier than the left.. Advice/Opinions? The top 3 pics are mine and bottom is what I want.

Larger implants may not achieve what you are looking for

+2

Hi Lana19,

Looking at your photos, your result looks quite good. Your concerns as indicated in your letter, and how they will be affected with a larger implant, are outlined below:

1. perkier: a larger implant will make the breasts droopier because of the extra weight; you cant fight gravity
  2. larger: yes, a larger implant will give you a larger cup size, and going from 421 to 600 will make you bigger but still might not be as large as in the photos you supplied
  3. asymmetry: you are concerned that your right breast is droopier than the left; from your photo, you look fairly symmetric, and the Left photo you supplied has much more asymmetry than you have. A larger implant may not make much of a difference in terms of asymmetry
  4. cleavage: a larger implant will give you more cleavage if you use one that has a wider footprint. A high profile implant may not give you enough extra width. Alternatively, positioning the implants a little closer together, regardless their of size, may help with cleavage. The caveat is that you look like you have widely spaced nipples, and the implants need to stay roughly centered on the nipples, potentially limiting how close together they can be placed without making the nipples look displaced to the sides.
  5. Natural: I can confidently say that if you go to the size of the sample photos, you will look less natural than you do now.

Bottom line: some things are easy to change, some things aren't. If going to a larger size is you main concern, then a larger implant will help. Just be aware of some of the downsides to a large implant. Overall your result looks very good, but that is a subjective opinion. Good luck.

Best regards

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC 

BREAST IMPLANTS

+1

I agree with the other surgeons it will require a lift and probably a vertical life to give you the shape you desire and possibly a larger implant but you have to remember that adding a larger implant will lead to a higher chance of complciaitions

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Need a breast lift not bigger implants

+1

In order for you to get the degree of up lift and perkiness of the breasts you would need a breast lift. Going to a larger sized implant is not the right choice for you since it will only exacerbate the problem.  

PHOTOS: 19 year old breast implant augmentation surgery with sag (ptosis)

+1

You have had more settling and sagging (ptosis) than would be expected with your original anatomy but please understand that it is impossible to predict that this would happen. You could consider a vertical breast lift but there is no guarantee that this would not recur and likely would change with pregnancy

Teardrop implants

+1

Lana, from your picture, you have a very nice result.  Before you jump right in and have a revision, consider the risks involved.  Do you really want to go that big? If you think you are droopy now, wait until you take a photo of your breasts a few years after your 600 cc implants are put in.  As stated in other posts, the biggest predictor of reoperation is reoperation.  What does that mean?  It means that your first revision could possibly be the beginning of a vicious cycle of needing to go back to "tweak" your breasts.  Some of those "tweaks" could be for real problems, like capsular contracture, etc.  Consult with your surgeon and go over all of these risks before heading back to the operating room.  Good luck. Dr. Parungao.

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Increasing breast size

+1

You have a perfectly good result now given your starting point.  But if you want to push it farther there may be long term consequences.  What it will take is a wider, more HP implant than what you have.  Just like a hairstyle though, your body might not let you get what you want.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Choosing breast implants

+1

If you want to go larger, you have to be prepared for potential more issues with larger implants. Those all appear to be pretty larger implants.

More weight = more droop

+1

Droopiness of any breast( an augmented breast is no exception) is a factor of time, gravity and breast weight.  If you elect to place larger implants, you just going to increase the weight and make your breasts droopier. I think you have a nice result and would advise you not to revise.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon