Tear Trough and Varicose Vein - Is Dermal Filler Safe?

I have, to my understanding, three factors that originates dark circles under my eyes: 1. Tear trough def 2. Varicose Veins along the Tear trough 3. Blueish appearance due to thin skin under eyes

My questions: - is possible to have fillers avoiding vein damage and subsequent bruising? - What is the best method to eliminate these varicose veins? heard that lasers are unable to eliminate big veins like these. -Is there a way to eliminate the bluish-red apearance of my lower eyelid?

Tear trough treatment

+1

To treat the tear trough, delicate injection of facial fillers like restylane are possible to give an improved appearance.  I would personally avoid using silicone because it may cause  long term problems.

The appearance of your lower eyelid veins may diminish after your tear trough is filled.

+1

I I reviewed the photo of your right lower eyelid. Your deep eyelid groove may be filled with a dermal filler to reduce it's prominence. My personal preference is Silikon-1000 for permanent results. I have seen improvement in the appearance of superficial veins in the lower eyelids after the groove is filled. If your doctor inadvertently traumatizes a small vein, you may get a bruise that could last up to 2 weeks. The blue hue of your lower eyelid skin will not likely improve with a filler treatment as this is likely due to years of chronic nasal allergy.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon