Tear Trough Deformity Correction?

Hi Doctors I read about the tear trough deformity and I found that thevkey is the under correction as you can not expect the hydrophilic capacity of the filler in this area. My question is how much should be this under correction ? Only little , means we fill till the groove is slight ? Or fill around 50% of the groove and stop or fill maximum of 0.2 cc ?

Tear Trough Deformity Correction

+1
Dr. Hussain:The tear trough deformity is due to loss along the orbital rim. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers, such as Restylane and Belatero seem to work best, because they are not too hydrophilic= attracting water. The amount of HA required to correct the tear trough depends on the severity, but the amount usually ranges between 0.2-0.3 cc. Remember, you can always add more HA at a later time, if necessary. Perhaps you could watch a colleague perform this technique for more experience. Sincerely, Richard Swift, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Correction of tear trough

+1

It would depend on the filler used.  Some are more hydrophilic than others.  Would recommend either juvederm or belotero as these are slightly softer than others for this area.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon