Tear Trough Bruising from Juvederm? (photo)

I still have a black eye and bumps from a Juvederm injection in my tear trough 6 months ago. When it was being done, I could feel the "pop" as the injection penetrated the vein that runs through that delicate area. Now the vein is damaged (probably permanently, since this was almost 6 months ago), and I look worse than ever. I don't know about the product, but the training this woman received was clearly inadequate. Never again.

Juvederm to tear troughs

+1

I tend to use Restylane first for tear troughs. I'm sorry that you had this experience. Bruising or capillary breakage may improve with time. I wish you the best.

Black eye after Fillers

+1

Hemosiderin staining and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation are common side effects which may occur when injecting the thin skin underneath the eye. They can give the appearance of increased dark circles or black eyes. While they may seem concerning, eventually they both do resolve with time. It may take 6 months or longer in some cases. Sometimes treatment with hydroquinone containing creams can help speed the process along.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

+1

" the truing this woman received"???? Was she a doctor??? If not than why would you be injected by anyone who was not a DOCTOR with experience??? 

Tear Trough Bruising from Juvederm?

+1

Hemosiderin staining can improve over a period of months, and bruising can occur even with an experienced injector.  There are many, many veins and tributaries in this area, most of which cannot be visualized. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tear Trough Bruising from Juvederm

+1

The area under the eyes is extremely thin and there are many veins there, many underneath that can't be seen. While rare, hitting one of these veins during injection can cause a hemosiderin stain to form. It can take a long time for this to go away, but it will ultimately resolve. While I don't tend to recommend Juvederm for under the eyes, it's not the product that did this as any filler used can cause this issue.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Bruising after Juvederm injection

+1

I have seen bruising that slowly resolves in this area.  It should not be permanent in any case. Given time it should fade.