Can I Tear or Break a Suture if I Stretched my Abs Accidentally After Mini Tummy Tuck?

I had an extended mini tummy tuck with muscle repair three weeks ago. I accidentally stretched my legs while in bed. I felt my muscles being stretched, specially my lower abdomen. Could I have torn a stitch or ruin my muscle repair? What symptom would I feel if I did tear one?

Breaking a suture after mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who received this procedure should be aware of the recovery process afterwards. This may consist of some bruising, swelling, and discomfort for several weeks to several months after the surgery. If the patient has also received a muscle repair at the same setting, we inform them of their physical limitations after the surgery. We ask that the patient's do not stretch excessively and do not return to the gym for at least six weeks after their surgery. However, even with these limitations or by accident we have had patients that have stretched or popped a suture inadvertently. We have not noticed any bad outcomes from this because of the technique that we use. When we create the internal structure of the muscle, we use dozens of independent sutures so that the loss of one will not affect the overall result. At this time, you should discuss with your plastic surgeon your concerns and let him or her know what occurred. They will be able to review the techniques that were used in your case and let you know if this incident will affect your ultimate result.

Tearing muscle repair after mini tummy tuck

+1

It is possible to stress or tear or rupture or disrupt a muscle repair with marked activity. You should be examined by your surgeon

Tearing suture repair of abdomen

+1

I doubt that after three weeks and with mild stretching you injured your muscle repair. However, without an exam I can not tell you for sure.