Frequent sitting on a BBL after lipo and tummy tuck: Doctor says it's okay, is this true? (Photo)

I recently went to santo Domingo,Dr to do lipo of sides, armpits, and back, tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift. I always read your not suppose to sit on your butt after the Brazilian butt lift but my doctor says different. Plus I find the ONLY position I'm even capable of sleeping or sitting is on my butt bc of pain. My doctor says it's ok to sit bc my new garment will lift and round my butt and to wait 2 months to see the real results. Is this true??

BBL and Sitting

+2
I tell my patients not to sit on their butt for at least 3 weeks. Sitting on it before that period of time has passed, seems to have an effect on the retention of fat injected. I suggest to sleep on your sides, alternating through the night to avoid too much swelling on one side more than the other, if its uncomfortable to be laying flat.

Thank you for your question!

Melinda Lacerna, MD, FACS

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

When to Sit After Fat Grafting

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  Your results look good so far.  I would follow your surgeon's advice but I do not like any pressure on the grafts for 3 weeks.  That has worked well for my patients long term results.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

BBL and sitting

+1
I prefer that patients wait about two weeks or so to sit on the butt for any prolonged period of time. Some surgeons say wait longer, and some say it does not matter. Best to follow your surgeon's advice.