TCA Tattoo Removal Behind the Ear

I have a tattoo of about 10 small black stars behind my ear and I want to remove it. I'm looking into TCA but I'm wondering if it's safe to use in that area. Do I have to worry about major scarring from it such as a hypertrophic or keloid scar?

Laser tattoo removal much less likely to scar than deep peels

+1

Laser tattoo removal carries a much lower risk of scarring than any physically destructive method to remove the tattoo (ranging from excision to deeper peels or dermabrasion).  This may be less of an issue for you behind the ear and physical  destruction methods often need fewer treatments than laser.

In general, though, especially for black ink which is usually laser-responsive, laser removal offers the best combination of effectiveness with few side effects (including low risk of scarring).

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA Peel for Tattoo Removal?

+1

Hallo Sac.  The only tried, true and safe tattoo removal procedure is laser tattoo removal.  Trying to get removal of a tattoo with a deep chemical peel is likely to lead to scarring and may very well not remove that tattoo.

Although it's a long procedure, you will be much happier with the results of laser tattoo removal than any other method.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/tattoos.aspx

Peels are a bad treatment for a tattoo removal procedure

+1

Please don't try a chemical peel for a tattoo removal. The ink is too deep and for it to be expelled by wounding the skin with a peel, you will probably scar. Laser is much safer and better although there are risks with any treatment.