Can TCA Remove Chicken Pox Scars?

I have four flat white chicken pox scars on my face and there no bigger than a grain of rice, i cant afford laser treatment so i was wondering if a strong TCA treatment on the scars alone would reduce the degree of whiteness, there not indented in any way just white, thankyou simon.

It is unlikely that anything short of just punch excision will help white flat scars other than tattooing.

+1

The chance of anything getting color to come into old white flat scars is remote at best. Punch excisions followed by light dermabrasion will probably give the best results. Tattooing flesh skin color into the white scars is a very good and cheap treatment that is probably what most would try first.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.