TCA Peelin Stretch Mask?

I have a white stretch marks from 10 years ago, I learned that the alternative is to reduce peeling, is that you can peel the green with 3-4 applications, the green peel is a deep peel TCA lei but also used to scar and stretch marks. I used the glycolic acid 30 but only a little redness just in hip and no breasts. TCA is not the best for me and that concentration, I think it could be 35-45%, which would you recommend? that no side effects like scarring

TCA Peel

Thank you for your question. First, you will require a skin evaluation, and then a plan of care.  We like to use CO2 lasers in a very light mode, and in fractional mode to improve stretchmarks. They will improve, but not go away 100%.  Consider seeing a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for your options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

No great cure for Stretch Marks

Unfortunately there is no great cure for stretch marks, especially white ones as you describe. TCA Peels, lasers, Retin-A, Strivectin, in my experience do not work. This is because a stretch mark is actually a scar at the dermal level. Pink stretch marks (striae) can sometimes be mildly improved with specific lasers such as a Diolite or Candella laser.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660