Number of TCA Peel Treatments?

How many TCA chemical peel treatments would I need? I've been told they come courses of 4 treatments. Is this right ?

Try 2 treatments spread out monthly - and maybe a 3rd if needed.

+1

The answer to your question depends on the strength of the TCA peel, the peeling effect you receive, and the results you achieve. Generally two treatments spread out over two months will do an excellent job at evening out the skin texture and color. Doing a third treatment in the third month may be advised depending on the results. I would hesitate to say that every patient needs four TCA peels as each patient is different, the strength of the TCA peels vary, and results will also vary. Start with two and see you how do.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.