TCA Peel for Nipple Skin Tag Removal?

Is 12-15% TCA peel safe for breats/nipple skin tag removal?

The directions have me applying Vaseline to lips, orbital eye, and nostrils to protect those areas. Should I do this to skin immediately surrounding the skin tag on my areola?

Is this strength, and area of application, safe? Thank you for any help!

Tag removal is a simple process

+2

Any reputable board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist can remove skin tags easily. They can also check to see if any of the lesions are worrisome for being something other than just skin tags. That would require the lesions be sent to pathology for microscopic examination.

TCA is not a safe or effective way of removing skin tags. You will likely end up with a red breast but still have lots of skin tags.

Not a good idea

+1

Just not a good idea.  TCA even at a low strength can cause scarring and wound healing problems.  I would be very cautious about using TCA on any area other than the face.  Get professional advice before attempting this on yourself.  

Skin tag removal

+1

I would caution that you could do more harm than good with TCA on your nipple in an attempt to remove skin tags.  Please consult a board certified physician to take care of this for you in a safe and effective manner.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Confusing

+1

I am assuming that you are practicing medicine on yourself. Any physician who would be using a TCA peeling agent to remove a skin lesion should go back to medical school, if they could find one willing to take them.

I really cannot instruct you. I am quite sure that if I pulled out every dermatologic surgery textbook and reviewed all of my Journal of Dermatololgic Surgery journals ( and my plastic surgery colleagues did the same with their books and journals) it would be bereft of an article on skin tag removal using TCA.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist