Can TCA Peel Minimize Large Pores?

I'm 26 yrs old, female and i have large pores, a workmate of mine told me that TCA peel can minimize large pores.She told me, she used to have large pores like mine and applied TCA peel on her face. So, I did just as she told me. I applied 15% TCA peel on my face 2x with more than 8 hours interval. after 2 weeks the peeling was finished. but unfortunately, I was not happy with the result. the pores appeared to be much bigger with blackheads and whiteheads, and my skin seemed to be wrinkled.Help!

TCA Peels Minimize Pore Size

+1

The short answer is that a TCA peel will minimize large pore size as part of the healing process causing contraction and tightening of the skin surface including that surrounding pores.

It also results in healthier, younger-looking skin,. TCA peels (I prefer the Blue TCA Peel) is highly effective for:

wrinkles
uneven pigmentation
tightening
sun damage
blemishes
acne scars

Understanding TCA Peels

+1

Well, one thing to remember is that a pore does not dilate or contract.  It gets clogged and gives the appearance of getting larger, and over time it remains that way.  TCA (triachloracedic acid) is a medium-depth peel solution that has been utilized by dermatologists and plastic surgeons for years.  It is beneficial in removing melasma and sunspots as well as treating for pore reduction.  It goes into the skin at a depth that removes the entire epidermis.  Of course, since pores themselves contain epidermal cells, those cells migrate to the surface, and the skin is restored after about 7-10 days.  It is not ever recommended by a skin health professional to have TCA applied in the home by their clients.  The chemical can be dangerous and can cause scarring if not used correctly.  Consult your skin health professional.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

TCA peels for melasma and large pores

+1

TCA peels can improve the status of pores on the face and minimize the appearance and activity of larger active pores. I use TCA peels often in my Los Angeles practice. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS