TCA Peel for Mexican Skin?

Being a Mexican woman, would a TCA peel be recommend for my skin and what percentage should be used? I am 48 years old and my face has brown spot due to sun damage, age, I believe birth control and I.V.S for about 3 years.

A light TCA peel may be quite effective for ethnic skin types

+1

A TCA peel may be very effective for your hyperpigmentation problem. A 10% peel may be all that is needed. In order to avoid problems it would be necessary for you to begin on a skin lightening agent that contains hydroquinone and kojic acid. I have had patients with similar skin type and problem respond to this topical treatment. If you do not respond within 10 weeks then a light TCA peel would be in order.

TCA Peels would be great for mexican skin

+1

Yes, a series of a few light chemical peels such as 10-15% TCA peels would do the job in most cases. They are done about 2 weeks apart and cost around $250 each. A triple bleaching cream and sunscreen are also recommended.  Good Luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for Mexican skin

+1

TCA peels for your skin type can be safe and effective to address sun-damaged skin. I would start with a 10% peel, and would not go any higher than 20% in you. I would consult with a practitioner who can explain and manage the potential complications of chemical peels.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.