Does TCA Peel Help Remove or Lighten Leg Scars?

I'm planning to use 10% TCA peel, does it helps in lightening or removing old scars on the legs? If so, how to i apply it and every when?

20-30% TCA peels help improve discolorations on the legs.

+3

Leg discolorations are very slow to resolve but a series of 20-30% TCA at every 2-4 weeks  help them fade so much faster.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars on legs

+1

It is unlikely TCA will work for scars or pigmentation on legs. I would discourage patients from having a TCA peel on the legs.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel

+1

TCA, Tri chloroacetic acid, should be used ONLY by somebody who is an expert in using TCA.

You can burn with any percentage.

Tca depth is dependant on the concentration and the layers used, and where it is used.

Unless you are an expert Physician you should not use it on yourself, You may get an irreversible problem

Superficial Chemical Peels and Scars

+1

Regarding:  "Does TCA Peel Help Remove or Lighten Leg Scars?
I'm planning to use 10% TCA peel, does it helps in lightening or removing old scars on the legs? If so, how to i apply it and every when
?"

A scar is a permanent fixture which cannot be removed by ANY modality we presently have. This does not stop a LOT of unethical physicians and others from selling you on this fallacy. What CAN be done is use surgical techniques to make the scar appear better by REVISING it.

10% TCA is a VERY mild peel which works at the most superficial layers of the skin. It may temporarily improve the skin smoothness but it will not affect the scars.

Dr. Peter Aldea