Psoriasis Risk After TCA Face Peel?

I have Psoriasis on my knees, elbows and little on calves and forearms. Can I do a TCA peel on face? Will psoriasis spread to my face after the peel? If not, what percentage of TCA peel do you think should be used?

Psoriasis risk after TCA face peel

+1

Good question. Psoriasis can be triggered by injury to the skin including sunburns, scrapes and even chemical peels. Although the risk seems low, your doctor may want to consider a test spot with the chemical peel to a small area of the face that is not so visible, before peeling the entire face. I would also start with a low strength of TCA (10%).

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist