How Long Until Spots Left from TCA Peel Fade?

After the peel it became black and peeled off, but now it has left spots under eye. How long will these last? I had it from professional kosmoderma a clinicx in bangalore.

TCA peels needed skin preparation

+1

Was your skin prepared before the TCA peel?

Ask the clinic about the pigmentation problems and how to improve them.

You may need to have a good skin preperation, considering the skin type, and you may need more peels to improve on the pimentation.

Post peel hyperpigmentation

+1

Although TCA peels can be very effective and quite safe, the concentration of the TCA solution used and the degree of pimentation of the skin that the patient has will both have an effect on the outcome and potential complications of a peel.

It appears that you may have developed some post peel hyperpigmentation. Topical steroids in the immediate post peel period may be helpful, but, you may want to ask about hydroquinone products, too. With time, these areas should begin to fade.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pigmented spots after TCA peel

+1

IF this clinic performs these peels on a routine basis, I would contact them and ask them their treatment regimen for these spots. These are most likely due to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Steroids may be useful but time is probably your best option and it may take up to 2 years to achieve a stable result.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.