Darkened Skin Permanent Normal After TCA Peel?

I just had a 30% TCA peel done 11 days ago. It frosted then dried up and peeled, and now my skin is dark. Could this be hyperpigmentation? If so will it fade over time? I am going to start using hydroquinone it is so embarrassing, but the doctors say it is normal.

Will the darkness fade soon? I have to go on a summer vacation and its so embarrasing, as I cant wear my back out.

Use a combination bleaching agent

+1

I have seen this reaction in patients with darker complexions as well.

It is important to use sunscreens as well.

This can have a component of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation and the use of a combination bleaching agent with a steroid component is also beneficial.