Is 10 Percent TCA Peel Effective for Dark Circles?

I want to do TCA peel (10%) to get lighter skin, but on the contrary I have heard it causes hyperpigmentation? So should I use it to lighten dark circles on my eyes?

TCA Peel

+1

TCA peel will only cause hyperpigmentation if too strong of a peel is done for your specific skin type and color. The darker the skin, the lighter the peel. I would recommend that you leave this treatment up tp a trained professional. As far as the dark circles around your eyes, TCA can help if the dark circles are dark because of pigmentation. I would recommend that if you are concerned with pigmentation that you use a hyroquinone product, like the Obagi nu derm system and don't leave home without sunscreen.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA peels

+1

TCA can be wonderfull treatments to the skin and give a glow to the skin.

However the skin must be prepared before you do any peel, otherwise you can get all sorts of complications, including HYPERPIGMENTATION and HYPOPIGMENTATION.

TCA peels no matter what percentage should not be done except by an expert. You should not do it on your self.

The strength of the acid depend on the PH, and the percentage and on how many layers you apply.

10% TCA peels do well to lighten dark skin

+1

A person usually need several light peels such as 10% TCA applied sparingly and done every 2-3 weeks for 5-6 times followed by a cortisone lotion twice a day for 2 weeks and a good daily sunscreen.  Good Luck.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon