How Safe is It to Do TCA Peel at Home?

I have read people doing TCA Peel themselves. Can it be done outside a doctors office? How safe is it?

Not For Untrained People

+1

I would never suggest anyone perform a TCA peel at home. Even in the best of hands, TCA peels can result in scarring, pigment irregularities, infection, and coming out worse than you started. In experienced hands, these risks are minimal and can be averted with close attention to post treatment follow up and the results are generally excellent. I would not, under any circumstances, remotely consider having a patient perform their own peel at home.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

At home TCA peels are NOT safe at all!

+1

TCA peels require a lot of skill and expertise, which most doctors don't have, let alone a lay person doing it at home on themselves. Don't risk the possible scarring!

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon