Can TCA Peel Be Used on Arms and Back?

I was wondering if I can use the 50% TCA peel on my arms and back because I have acne and "white dots" under the skin. I have acne on face as well since I was 15. I am now 25. If the peel is good, what concentration should I applied? I have tried the 15% TCA peel but it didn't work. It just made my skin dried, no peeling or flaking.

I do not recommend the use of TCA on any area other than the face

+1

YOu mest be extremely careful when applying TCA to any area of the body other than the face. Please go to an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologis for an evaluation. If not properly applied a TCA peel will leave deep scars and hyperpigmentation. If you are trying to improve acne scars of the back and arms and the scars are deep then it is very unlikely that a TCA peel will give you any improvement.

TCA peel for arms and back

+1

Certainly TCA can be applied in locations other than the face and neck. It is not, however, appropriate for all skin conditions. I would encourage you to consult with a board certified dermatologist in person for a definitive diagnosis before self-treating and potentially causing yourself more harm than good.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist