TCA Peel or Jessner Peel to Remove Scar Redness?

Is it possible to remove redness from a facial scar using TCA Peel / Jessner Peel?

The scar is about 3 to 4 months old on my forehead about 3/8" in length 1/4" in height (I believe the scar is a deep one because I got it from my head coming in contact with a tooth).

I've used Mederma with minimal results Silicone sheets that have reduced the redness but the scar is still very evident. Wondering if a TCA 20% or a Jessners Peel would help reduce the redness or irritate the scar/ or not provide results at all ?

Scar, peels, topical for redness

+1

I would suggest that you try the Jessners Peel AFTER the redness has gone if you feel you want to even out the skin tone and texture. For now though, try Avene Cicalfate. I have found it to be a great healing topical for my patients that have had treatments or trauma to the skin.

Good Luck.

Manhattan Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chemical peel for scar redness

+1

I do not advise you try a chemical peel to address scar redness as it may produce even more redness. Red/pink, immature scars are best treated with laser/light devices including the pulsed-dye or v-beam laser.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Kenalog injections are the best for elevated red scars

+1

If your scar is elevated 1/4 inch and red then a cortisone injection or two will give the most benefit by far. Chemical peels will only irritate or worsen it. Cost is roughly $85-100 per session.

Good Luck!

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon