Will TCA Fix Purple Leathery Skin Under Eye with Unnatural Texture?

I have purplish leathery skin around the inside of my eyes and the texture along the path seems uneven as if healed wrong. The skin seems dull. It seems the thickness of the skin has gone down which I am guessing is because of sun damage. I also have rubbed my eyes profusely for years because of allergies. If I were to do a TCA peel around my eyes would this purple leathery skin become normal again and the texture even out?

Purple discoloration around eyes

+1

It is highly unlikely that TCA peel will work for discoloration around the eyes. It works great for superficial pigmentation and fine lines on the face but wouldnt count on it working for leathery purple changes around the eyes.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Treat Medically

+1

You have some sort of dermatitis. Before worrying about TCA peels, which will give you minimal and temporary benefit with fine lines, I would address the underlying cause. You should see a dermatologist to elucidate this, and also provide treatment. Elidel cream would help by decreasing the itching and consequently the skin thickening (the "leathery" appearance). 

If you do not have allergies there are some good skin care products which might help: RevaleSkin Replenishing Eye Therapy; Teamine Eye Complex, Replenix  or Aqualia Thermal Eye Roll-On. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

TCA for eye peel

+1

A TCA peel may help to immprove mild hyperpigmentation as well as fine rhytids but it is unlikely to do much for the "purple" appearance of the skin.