Dark, Bruise-like Spots After TCA Peel Permanent?

I used 25% TCA peel last week, except a little bit on my forehead and nose. The rest of my skin peeled but now I am seeing dark spots (like bruises) around my lips (both corners outside towards down on my chin) which weren’t there before. Is it going to be permanent or it will go away? How long it will take to fade?

Bruise-like spots post TCA

+1

Without pictures it is difficult to say, but it sounds like PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation).  This is a common result in patients with darker skin types after any damage has been done to the skin.  Usually, it takes a long time (6-12 months), but it does fade.  You may be able to expedite the process by using a topical retinol/Hydroquinone/Steroid combo.  Most importantly, stay out of the sun, wear sun protection every day (SPF 30 or higher and I like zinc oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide in the ingredients) and try to keep your body temp on the cooler side (avoid working over hot stoves for any length of time, etc).  I would be careful trying any other remedies to lighten the pigment without seeing a licensed profession.  Good luck!

Aurora Plastic Surgeon