TCA CROSS Technique & Smoking?

Hello, I have many very small ice pick scars. I plan on doing the TCA CROSS technique, however, I have been a smoker for 10 years and was wondering what role that may play on the effectiveness of this technique. Thank you.

Smoking Impairs Skin Healing

+1

Generally speaking, smoking impairs and slows down skin (wound) healing and is damaging even to normal skin. Thus, smoking will have a negative impact on the effectiveness of any treatment that requires skin healing including the TCA Cross technique. The best thing you can do for your skin is quit smoking. 

Smoking is a nightmare for your skin.

+1

Smoking and too much sun are the worst things you can do for your skin.  Smoking will make the skin color more yellow, the texture more coarse and the pores more visible.  Healing is always slower from any procedure if you are a smoker.  This would be true for the TCA Cross treatment as well.  If you really want the best skin you can possible get, stop smoking!

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon