TCA Cross or Fillers for Acne Scars? (photo)

I just had Mixto Laser co2 done 8 months ago (may 2012). I still have many acne scars as you can see in the picture, they are all different types. I don't want to get any Laser done, the down time for the Mixto co2 was 2 months of walking around with a super dark red face. So I want to avoid lasers for now. I would like to get opinions on getting TCA Cross Treatment done or Fillers, or Subcision? Something with great results and short down time. Thanks for your answers!

Acne scars usually need a combination of several different treatments for best results.

+1

Acne scars that are ice pick sharp holes are best treated with punch grafting followed by spot dermabrasions. TCA cross treatment is of minimal benefit. Some of your scars can be subcised and filled which would help a lot and then later dermabraded to blend the results. Eventually you will need to dermabrade or laser the cheeks but using a good cortisone cream afterwards would reduce the downtime of redness to about 2 weeks.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon