8% TCA Peel for Eye Wrinkles?

I have fine lines and small white patches under both eyes. Not sure what the white patches are. I suspect that they may be due to using to rich of eye creams and that the pores were clogged. I stopped using rich eye creams and tried putting my Retin-A Micro 0.1% gel on my under eyes. This seemed to make the wrinkles 100 times worse. The skin under my eyes also looks thinner and my eyes look sort of hollow after using Retin-A.

I've stopped using the Retin-A micro on my under eyes and the wrinkles have somewhat returned to normal. I was wondering if an at-home 8% TCA Peel would be beneficial. I've done a full-face 20% TCA Peel at home, but I avoided the eye area. I feel like 20% would be too strong for the thin skin under the eyes. Could an 8% TCA peel work and is there a risk of thinning the skin too much and making the eyes look more hollow?

TCA peels for undereye wrinkles

+1

A series of TCA peels can be beneficial in the lower eyelid area, but I would not do this area alone.  I would seek the expertise of a board certiified dermatologist or plastic surgeon familiar with TCA peels. 

TCA for the lower lid region

+1

TCA peels can be beneficial for this area. I would advise you to seek the guidance of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with chemical peel experience. But to answer your question, 8% TCA can be beneficial for the fine lines of the eyelids, but probably will not help with the "hollow" appearance. Again, I would consult with your doctor to develop a treatment plan for your specific concerns.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist