TCA 15% Applied on Right Cheek and Has Left a Dark Brown Scar?

Hi a month back I had undergone a TCA 15% peel from a dermatologist on my right cheek. The frosting was for a day and after a week I could anticipate it burnt my right cheek leaving dark brown scar. I have a month's time for my wedding and I trying all possible creams to fade the scar. Currently using melrio cream , advan skin lightening cream , UV care light but I see no much difference. I just have one month's time for my wedding . can these scars go away at a given time frame. please help

A Cosmion Mask with 20% Vitamin C is very gentle with no adverse effects and could possibly help.

+1

A Cosmion Mask with 20% Vitamin C is very gentle with no adverse effects and could possibly help within one month.  This could be combined with 12% M2 serum and a couple of low level 1064nm Q-Switched ND:YAG laser treatments.  100% sun protection/avoidance during this time is essential.  Bleaching creams such as Lytera, Elure, Lumixyl or Hydroquinone may also be helpful.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel left hyperpigmentation.

+1

Hello,  It is hard to imagine that a TCA 15% was so strong that it left a frosting for a day.  I wonder if the peel was not neutralized and why was it done on just a local area?  Were you also using retinoids?   Your skin type must be Fitzpatrick III or higher. The best thing to do right now is to go back to the dermatologist and get a prescription cream to "bleach" the area.  I use hydroquinone, but depending on everything you said, it would be best to get a good evaluation.  Always wear sunscreen to the area.  Good luck with the wedding.

Cheryl Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist