I have a tattoo that I want to remove. Do you think it's possible to have it almost completely removed by laser? (photo)

only black & white, very dense ink, half sleeve, professionally done, few weeks old

Remove with Picosure Laser

+1
Thank you for your photo. I highly recommend learning more about the Picosure laser to permanently remove your tattoo. This new laser will get rid of the tattoo in fewer treatments than ordinary laser while not harming the surrounding tissue. Good luck!

Half Arm Complete Tattoo Removal

+1
Your tattoo encompasses a large surface area and has dense ink. The good news is your tattoo is black and white versus reds, greens or blues which are harder to remove. We would recommend doing three laser tattoo removal treatments about 8 week apart and then see how your body responds to fading the tattoo. We would then start to space out the following treatments to 10-12 weeks to optimize healing between treatments. We would likely transition to 4-6 months. The number of treatments that can deliver the end result you will want can vary widely. You'll have to give it time for your body to do its part after each treatment. With the right laser and professional, you will have a greater chance of getting closer to complete removal.

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon