Tattoo Vanish..does It Work?

Can anybody tell me if the tattoo vanish method of tattoo removal works? Is it safe?

Tattoo removal

+1

I am not familiar with "tattoo vanish", however, I would be weary of creams and such that promote ridding of tattoos with application.  Many of these are not well regulated and may cause untoward side effects.  If used, I would recommend its usage under the guidance and supervision of a physician.  The most effective method for tattoo removal is still multiple laser treatments, which target the pigment within the dermis.  Other methods that could be done are dermabrasion, which removes the outer epidermis and dermis that contains the tattoo pigment, and surgical excision.  Thank you for the question!  Hope that this helps!  Good luck!

Vanish method for tattoo removal

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  The Tattoo Vanish method sounds like a form of dermabrasion (using the tatoo machine to disrupt the epidermis to expose the dermal layer of skin where the ink resides and then salicylic acid or something that might leach out the ink).  When compared to other tattoo removal techniques (CO2 laser, dermabrasion, excision), this might be true that it causes less scarring, as all these techniques can do this.  At our med spa and laser center, Chic Esthetic, we use the Revlite SI laser for tattoo removal.  It uses a photoacoustic system to shatter the ink molecules in order for the body to remove them.  This type of system has less scarring than other laser tattoo removal machines that use a photothermolysis technique to break down the ink molecules.  I hope this helps, and good luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Beware of creams that claim to get rid of tattoos

+1

There are many creams and potions that people sell claiming to get rid of tattoos. In my experience, none of these are effective and can not compete with the gold standard of laser tattoo removal. I would advise you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery as they are the best specialists to optimize your treatment plan. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon