Is It Okay to Get a Tattoo over Stretch Marks?

I have a lot of stretch marks from my pregnancy and was wondering if I can get a tattoo over my stretch marks.

Tattoos over stretchmarks....

+1

Yes, that is absolutely fine to do.  Other than getting a tummy tuck and removing the excess skin, that have the stretchmarks, tattoos are a great way to make them less noticeable.

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Tattoos over stretch marks is safe

+1

Tattoos over stretch marks is safe, but if for some reason you would like it removed in the future can be very costly.  I would recommend that if you do decide to look into tattoos, that you may want to consider a laser-sensitive tattoo ink.  There is an ink that will disappear in only one or two laser treatments.  You should ask about this type of ink in order to take out any insurance against future regret.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon