Tattoo Removal..tattoo Vanish Method?

I am looking into getting a tattoo removed and came across a place that does this method. They tattoo the area to break the skin then apply an all natural cream that draws the ink out. They say it is less risk of scarring and faster than laser. Please give me your opinion

Vanish Method Sounds Unlikely

+1

I am in agreement with the other doctor's opinions on here; this cream seems to be too good to be true. A cream that is able to draw ink from the dermis is highly unlikely to work. Laser is still the most effective way of removing tattoos non-invasively. I would advise you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that is experienced with laser tattoo removal. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vanish method might "help"

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  It sounds like a form of dermabrasion and salicylic acid or something that might leach out the ink.  When compared to other tattoo removal techniques (CO2 laser, dermabrasion, excision), this might be true that it causes less scarring, as all these techniques can do this.  At our med spa and laser center, Chic Esthetic, we use the Revlite SI tattoo laser system.  It uses a photoacoustic system to shatter the ink molecules in order for the body to remove them.  This type of system has less scarring than other laser tattoo removal machines that use a photothermolysis technique to break down the ink molecules.  I hope this helps, and good luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Sounds too good to be true

+1

There are many folks that can claim to get rid of a tattoo faster and better than laser. While laser isn't perfect, it is considered the gold standard for removing a tattoo in this day and age. The creams this place is claiming to have have not likely been studied in a large clinical trial and I doubt it would be shown to be effective if it was actually tested in a scientific fashion. I think you are better off seeing a dermatologists office for laser tattoo removal.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon