How Long to Wait to Get Tattoo Removed?

I have a fairly new tattoo, and I was wondering, do I need to wait about a year or 6 months to have it removed? Also in the meantime, can I use a tattoo removal cream, and then get the rest lasered off? My tattoo is not big at all and its on my inner right wrist, and its all black, which I've heard is the easiest to remove. I just got it like this week. I'm wondering if it's better to remove it as soon as possible, and around how much would I be looking to pay?

Http://youtu.be/Ay4YJSfxOwUHow soon for Tattoo Removal

+1
Tattoo removal with the use of  an appropriate Q switched laser is most efficacious after approximately one year when an abundance of macrophages are present within the area of the tattoo.  The macrophages are the cells within the body which will eventually engulf and remove the tattoo ink particles.  You may be able to begin treatments prior to one year but you will likely need additional treatments.  I would recommend you not waste time and money with the advertised tattoo removal creams as they have not proven to have any significant effect on tattoo appearance.  If the tattoo is primarily black ink and placed on your wrist you can expect to need 5-12 treatments for clearance with a experienced provider using an appropriate laser.  
Best Regards,

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tatoo Removed Time Length

+1

Depending on how fast your skin heals, at least 2-8 weeks, your doctor will asses it at the time of your consult.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon can you start Tattoo removal?

+1

You can start treatment as soon as the skin is healed. This in my experience is roughly 2 weeks after it was placed. I would shy away from creams as they will not achieve what a Q switched laser can with minimal skin change. You are correct that black is a good color to have as far as removal, blue and greens can be quite a struggle even witrh the right lasers.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon