Does Tattoo Removal Work in Patches? (photo)

I have a large fresh black tattoo thats i'm looking to get removed and am aware that this will be a long process. My laser operator told me during consultation that it is likely that the tattoo will not fade with uniformity. In other words, after multiple sessions certain areas will have reached near completion whilst other areas would such much less promising results and may never respond completely. Is this an accurate summation of the process in your professional experience? Many thanks

Tattoo removal works

+1

We utilize the best laser for removal of tattoos. To doctors this is known as the C6 laser. People report a pain level of 3 on a scale of 10 and it works very well for black and blue tattoos. This can be used on patient's of any age. Four to 6 treatments are usually needed, and it is priced based on the size of the tattoo.

Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon

Results of Laser Tattoo Removal

+1

Thanks for your question and also your picture. I see that you have a black ink professional tattoo and are light skinned. In general, that combination gives you the best chance of excellent results. Sure, some areas may advance a little faster than others, but as a whole, you should get the results you are looking for.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Black tattoo ink is hard to treat

+1

Your consultation is right on. Some of it will fade, some of it will probably never fade. Usually what happens with black ink is a blurring of the image and some lightening. It's unfortunate, but your consultation was right on in my opinion.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD