Tattoo Removal Under $1,000?

I want a tattoo that I got less than a week ago removed because it is sloppy looking and I'm allergic to the ink. It is red and black, about 2" by 2 1/2" and it was done by a professional. What is the outlook for removing this tattoo without spending over $1,000 and about how many sessions will I need?

Tattoo removal cost

+1

The overall cost of your tattoo removal will depend on several factors other just the size and ink colors.  At my clinic we use a formula based on patient skin type, ink density and placement, tattoo size and location and presence of pre existing scarring or an underlying tattoo.  This formula allows us to accurately estimate the number of treatments as well as the cost needed for clearance of the tattoo ink.  You will likely need between 6-15 treatments by an experienced provider using an appropriate laser to obtain adequate clearance.  No ethical provider will give you a guarantee that you will be able to obtain the result you want for under $1,000 as there are sometimes variables which cannot be predicted.

Kind Regards,

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost?

+1

Kell-O

Sorry to hear about your tattoo experience. The outlook for removing your tattoo is excellent with the right provider. It is difficult to say if you will be able to keep the cost under $1000 without examing the tattoo, although 2" by 2.5" is fairly small and generally will cost less to remove than a larger one. You will need on average 5-15 treatments. The number of treatments depends on the ink used and how your body responds to the treatments. 

I would caution you not to base your choice on cost alone. There are many providers offering removal these days, and many are staffed by people without training in cosmetic surgery. Do some research before making your decision. 

Best of luck to you

Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal

+1

Be sure to research tattoo removal lasers. They are not all created equal. Black is the easiest color to remove, but everyone is different. Our prices start at $200 & Up per session, depending on the size. It does take several treatments. Just be sure that the doctor you choose has a tattoo removal laser with all the wavelengths.

Alan M. Gardner, MD
Atlanta Dermatologist