Tattoo Removal During TT? (photo)

I have this tattoo that's gone through 3 pregnancies and had been stretched immensely. I'm having a TT next week and want to make sure the tattoo is removed as well, and I want all it gone. I asked my ps and he said he would be able to get it removed. I just want to double check with all you wonderful doctors and to make sure it's possible that it should All* be cut off during the TT. What do you think? I should have enough skin for it to be sewed back right In order for it all to be removed.

Lower abdominal tattoo will be removed during abdominoplasty.

+2

Your lower abdominal tattoo would be removed completely with a conventional abdominoplasty.

Tattoo removal with tummy tuck

+1

No question about it, the entire tattoo will be removed.  Good luck with your surgery, it sounds like you are in good hands.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tattoo Removal During TT?

+1

A full tummy tuck excision should be able to  remove the entire tattoo.                                                                                                                               Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                                                               Los Angeles, CA

Tattoo and TT

+1

A standard, full abdominoplasty would certianly remove all of your tattoo.

Good luck!

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and tattoos

+1

If you have a standard abdominoplasty, where all of the skin is removed from the pubic area to the top of the umbilicus, this tattoo will be removed as well.  Best of luck!

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal with tummy tuck

+1

Your tattoo is precisely in the area that any full tummy tuck would remove. Say goodbye to your tattoo!

Andres Taleisnik, MD

No problem here

+1

A standard abdominoplasty should remove your tattoo without difficulty.  Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal During TT?

+1

I doubt that your surgeon will have any difficulty getting all or that tattoo out during the TT. Best wishes. 

Tattoo Removal During TT?

+1

The skin removed during the TT includes the tattooed area, so it will be completely removed.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tattoo removal with tummy tuck

+1

I agree that your tattoo should easily be removed with a tummy tuck.  Not all tattoos are located as ideally as yours.  It appears to be straight forward.  Best of luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon