Tattoo Removal - How Many Sessions?

im interested in tattoo removal.I dont want to spend a boat load of money on it tho.It seems you pay for each session so i was just wondering how many sessions you think this tattoo i have would take so i can estimate how much id have to spend.I have a star on left hand of my lower stomach. it is pink outlined in black and about the size of a nickel maybe a tiny bit bigger.ive had it for about 3 years i dont know if theres anymore info i have to give if so just ask

How many sessions for tattoo removal depends on colors, skin type, area, concentration of ink

+1

To get a good idea of how many session it will take, the Kirby-Desai scale (look up on web) will give a rough idea. It is about 80% accurate. Factors which are favorable are:

1. Closer to head
  2. Lighter skin type
  3. One color of ink, black is best
  4. Not overlapping another tattoo
  5. No scarring
  6. Low concentration of ink

With the R0 or R20 protocols, you can have several treatments in one setting which will cut down on time it takes to remove and visits to you doctor.

Tattoo Removal, Laser tattoo removal, Tattoo

+1

Many people have second thoughts about their tattoos. Fortunately, you don't have to live with your decision forever. Highly precise lasers can remove your tattoo by focusing or pulsing light on the ink particles, which then convert the energy to heat and break up into tiny pieces that are absorbed harmlessly by the body. All this can be accomplished without damaging the surrounding tissue in approximately 5-20 treatments depending on on color(s) and length of time in place. Results are most pronounced with first several treatments, becoming more gradual with latter treatments.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Tattoo removal sessions

+1

Depending on the colors involved, ask about the color effectiveness of the specific lasers to be used.  Most of my experience is with the Q-switched YAG that does a good job on most colors except for blue-green pigments.  Commonly, this will take from 3 to 6 sessions to clear satisfactorily.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Laser tattoo removal

+1
The black may respond better than the pin' 8 to 12 treatments may be necessary to fade the tattoo significantly. Unfortunately the pink may have brighteners in the pigment which may oxidize to a darker color and may take more treatments than normal to fade this color. Each treatment can cost a few hundred (slightly less or more) dollars.

Ronald Shelton, MD