Tattoo Removal in One Session?

I'm interested in having the laser treatment done but i really don't want to have to go multiple sessions.Aslong as the tattoos mostly faded Ill be fine.How long do you think this would take: mine is about the size of a nickel its a star thats outlined in black and filled in with pink.its to the right on my lower stomach.i have light skin if that means anything?

Using the R0 or R20 protocol, you could have a significant reduction in your tattoo in one to 3 sessions.

+1

Please see my attached link because it explains the R0 protocol. Basically you apply a liquid after doing the first pass and you can do 4 treatments in one session if the skin tolerates it well. Also, discomfort is much less after the first pass. Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Fl.

Tattoo removal requires several laser treatments

+1

Professional tattoos usually require ten or more treatments with laser to significantly fade the color. As you have at least two colors, it may take a combination of laser wavelengths multiple treatments. Surgical excision can remove the tattoo in one session, but of course it would replace the tattoo with a scar and there's no guarantee that the scar will heal well or aesthetically-pleasing. There are some home-made tattoos with black ink that have been eliminated in fewer laser treatments but hoping that just one treatment will be sufficient is not realistic.

Ronald Shelton, MD