Tattoo Removal for Large Black Tattoo?

I have a large black professionally done tattoo on my forearm. I want to fade it enough to cover it up with a half sleeve tattoo. Any idea on how many treatments this would require to acomplish?

Removing a large tattoo

+1

One cannot predict how many treatments will be required without more information. For example, one's skin color and age of the tattoo are important factors. The choice of laser and technique can dramatically alter the number of treatments. The use of the PicoSure laser with multiple treatments per session can decrease the number of treatments that would have been required otherwise.

Laser tattoo removal large black tattoo

+1

Based on your description of the tattoo you probably will require 5 to 10 treatments before the ink has faded enough to allow for a cover up tattoo.

It will take 8 to 12 treatments, maybe more

+1

It usually takes 8 to 12 or more monthly treatments to fade a tattoo significantly. Overtreating doesn’t guarantee quicker resolution but could increase the risk of scarring.

Ronald Shelton, MD