How Long Before I Can Get Tattoo over my Lasered Tattoo?

I am about to get a large black tattoo lasered from my arm, and am wanting a pin up to replace it. But I am just wondering, how long after laser tattoo removal will I have to wait before I can go ahead and get my pin up done?

New tattoo over lasered one

+1

You can, you might have to wait a few weeks until the lasered area has healed. It also depends on how much of the old tattoo is completely removed from visibility in order for the tattoo artist to do a new tattoo without the old one showing up.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing on Tattoo Re-Do

+1

The timing on this is simple. First thing you have to wait approximately 3-4 weeks after your laser removal treatment before considering a tat on top of that area. Secondly, have your tattoo artist look at the area, and when he or she feels the previous tattoo is light enough to cover, go for it. 

Dr. D

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon