Can I Get a Tattoo over an Area I Had Liposuction?

I had a liposuction on my "love handles" on June 2008. Now, I want to get a tattoo in this area and I'm wondering if it is too soon, as I know liposuction takes a long time to heal. What do you think?

Inked after liposuction

+1

It has been a year since your surgery, there shouldn't be a problem with getting tattooed as long as you don't have any residual swelling which may affect the final tattoo once is subsides.

Should be OK to proceed

+1

This should not be a problem but it may be a little irregular and perhaps slightly more tender. Make sure you check out your tattoo artist and ensure that they use sterile equipment and inks. Once you have selected your artist, inform them of your surgery and ask if they have any reservations about performing the tattoo.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.