Is It Possible To Remove This 6X3" Tattoo Off my Arm?

So i made a very stupid mistake, i got this tattoo thinking it was going to make me feel so good about myself. i know i should have thought about it more.. but i didn't :( i don't want to be stuck with this for the rest of my life.. i cry everyday because i wish i could take it back. the tattoo is a Ganesha i got it done professionally so its a well done tattoo. its has no color just black and shading its on my upper arm and its a pretty large tattoo 6inches tall and 3inches wide. Please help

This tatto can be removed with a Q-Switched laser.

+4

This tattoo can be removed with a Q-Switched laser over multiple sessions usually spaced about one month apart.  It looks like the tattoo is mostly black ink.  This is usually the easiest color to remove.  Find a specialist in your area who has lots of experience doing tattoo removal.  It should work well.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal from arm.

+4
This tattoo can certainly be removed, but its not an overnight process. Laser treatment would be the most effective removal process and can take on average 8 to 15 treatments. The sessions are spaced 6 weeks apart. Black ink is relatively good for removal compared to other colors, but it still is a year long process. Seek a physician with a q switched laser for removal and do your home work on their experience with removal and look at some before and after photos. Best of luck. Dr D.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal with Laser

+4

Hello, no worries, you can remove the tattoo quite easily these days with lasers.  The good thing is that it is all one color which will make it easier,  Also please see a doctor for this asap as the newer the tattoo the faster it is to get rid of before the ink sets in.  You will need multiple treatments but you should see fading after 2-3 treatments.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Excellent tattoo removal candidate

+3

This is an ideal situation for tattoo removal.  The tatto is dark ink and relatively new.  Both these factors are working in your favor. In our practice, we see an excellent response with Q-switched Yag lasers.  As mentioned above, tattoo removal is a process, meaning that multiple sessions will be needed. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Laser Tattoo Removal

+3

Yes laser tattoo treatment will be the best way to go. Your tattoo  is “favorable” for this type of treatment based on the Ink  color,  areas of low ink density (shading) and tattoo location.

On the other hand, you should be aware that multiple treatments will be necessary (at least 8) spaced at least one month apart. You should also be aware that after treatment some residual ink  may remain despite best efforts. Treatment may also result in hypo or hyperpigmentation of the area depending on the skin reaction to the laser treatment. Unfortunately, despite treatment, you may always be aware that this tattoo was present in this area. The results do tend to improve with time and sun exposure.

Laser Tattoo Removal

+2

Your tattoo can certainly be removed with a Q-switched Nd:YAG laser, such as the Spectra system which can treat different colors including the green on your Ganesha image. However, multiple treatments will be needed.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best option for tattoo on the arm

+1

This tattoo should do very nicely with laser treatment. The best option would be the PicoSure laser but q-switched lasers can also be used. Multiple treatments per session can limit the number of overall treatments that you will require. The size of the tattoo should have no impact on the outcome of the laser treatments.

Roy G. Geronemus, MD