Is This Tattoo a Good Candidate for Excision? (photo)

I have been quoted 300£ a session for my tattoo removal and no guarantee of full removal (picosure laser in Kent). From reading online, I seems that it is going to take at least 6 treatments with the picosure would end up being 1500£ at the least :/ Would I be better off with excision? I wouldn't mind having a scar instead of the tattoo if it meant I could lose the tattoo quickly. I have also heard it can be cheaper?

Laser, Dermabrasion and Excision call all get rid of Tattoos. Laser offers least chance of scarring.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.

I'm not sure who gave you the estimate of 6 treatments, but the foot and ankle is the most difficult area to remove a tattoo.  You also have multiple colors and layering of tattoo pigments.  It will likely take 12-15 laser treatments to adequately remove you tattoo, maybe more.

If you don't mind a scar, excision with skin grafting will work but the scar is not pretty. I'm not kidding.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.