Can This Tatt Be Removed? (photo)

Im afraid its too deep, dense, big and on lower eternity. Ink used is Eternal - im scared about ink in my lymfatic system. Thank you.

Can This Tattoo Be Removed?

+1

From the pictures it appears your tattoo may be all black so the answer is yes.  Black is one of the easier colors to remove via laser tattoo removal.  It will probably take several sessions, though how many sessions it will take will depend on the laser being used. I would recommend contacting a physician’s office in your area that performs this treatment for a consultation. Once you’ve had your first treatment and see how well it lifts, that should give your doctor a good idea of if you’ll need just a few or many sessions. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can this Tattoo be Removed?

+1

Hi Vocogo.  Yes, the tattoo can be removed.  We cannot tell for certain, but if the ink is all black, it is pretty straightforward.  If there is any light blue, green, yellow or orange in it, the process will be longer and more difficult.  Q-switched Nd:Yg lasers can get out most inks, but the four colors mentioned are more difficult or require more treatments.  Q-switched alexandrite or ruby lasers are better for the colors above.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Laser tattoo removal

+1

I think your tattoo would be amenable to laser tattoo removal. However you ask very good questions. It would take a series of treatments and would be a commitment from you to get this tattoo to improve. The density of ink does indeed affect how many treatments are needed. While it has not been definitively shown, it is certainly my belief that some of your ink particles do get mobilized to your lymph nodes as that is thought to be part of the mechanism by which these tattoos are lightened with laser. Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon