PS Upturned Nose With Tape At 3 Weeks Post-Op, What's The Reason For That?

I'm 3 weeks post-op and my nose is taped!, my ps upturned my nose with "the tape". What's the reason of this Technic? Will my nasal tip drop to a natural position?

Nasal taping can be used to maintain the position of your tip

+2
Nasal taping can be used for a variety of reasons.  Like casting a bone following a break, nasal taping is used to maintain the position of the newly created nasal tip and dorsum, and to help prevent significant swelling following rhinoplasty surgery.  I am not entirely certain why your nose needs to be re taped at three weeks time, especially if you are hoping that your tip will fall to a more natural appearing location.  I would ask your surgeon if there are any concerns they have with regards to your particular post operative course or if this is standard for their rhinoplasty patients.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon