Will Taping the Tip of my Nose a Month After the Surgery Still Help with my Results?

I had a rhinoplasty about a month ago. I noticed that my tip is looking long and it is going a bit down but when I tape my tip and pull it a bit up it gives the result I wanted. So my question is will taping my nose tip help ? Thank you

No, the tapping is used to control swelling not the alter the shape

No, the tapping is used to control swelling not the alter the shape, so unfortunately that will not do anything.

9401 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Taping to nose to shape the nose after rhinoplasty

The taping is done during the first 2-4 weeks mainly to control swelling.  The shaping of the nose has nothing to do with external taping.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

2010 East First St.
Santa Ana , CA 92705

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty is doen to help with sweling and to stabilize the work under the splint. At one month it won't really do anything.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Taping the nose 1 month postoperatively will not likely have any affect on the tip length or position

It is highly unlikely at this point that taping will have any effect on the ultimate position of your tip. One month is still very early in the healing process to be able to fully determine the final appearance of your nose. You need to wait closer to 9 months to a year to have a more definitive idea of the "final" result from the surgery.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

10290 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258