Will Not Taping Tip Affect my Long Term Results?

after the removal of my splint i was advised to tape the tip of my nose along with the base. i have not been taping the tip as upward (piglike) as the doctor ordered. will this affect my long term results?

Taping

+1

Generally, the surgeon performs the taping maneuvers after the rhinoplasty.  Please review your physician's specific instructions by contacting your doctor again.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taping of the nose

+1

Taping of the nose is not somethiing I recommend after rhinoplasty. If your doctor recommends that, you should review the instructions with him.

Taping after nasal surgery

+1

So you had surgery. Now you do not want to follow your surgeon's postoperative instructions and you come to this site for the surgeons' support of your non-compliance with your surgeon's instructions. That is not what we are here for.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Taping the nasal tip after surgery

+1

Taping the nasal tip after cast/splint removal is not uncommon but best done by the surgeon or after instruction by the surgeon. And there should be regular followup to see if the intended results are obtained.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon