Is Taping the Nose After Rhinoplasty Necessary?

i dont want to tape my nose im sick and tired of staying home also is there a medication to reduce the swelling its been 10 days and my eyes are still swollen and it increases everytime i wake up. :(

Taping nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Most surgeons use a cast and/or tape for about one week after rhinoplasty. If you notice increased swelling in the morning, sleep with your head slightly elevated on two pillows.  Follow your surgeon's recommendations

Rhinoplasty Nose Taping After Surgery

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is one of the most common questions. Nasal taping and cast/splint help to partially reduce swelling. Most plastic surgeons use nose taping for one week after surgery. Some rhinoplasty surgeons may reapply tape after this first postoperative visit.

Rhinoplasty swelling occurs both on the outside and inside of the nose. Most swelling after rhinoplasty resolves within a month. The final 20% of swelling takes a much longer time to resolve, up to a year or longer after surgery. Fortunately, this final swelling is usually only evident to the surgeon and patient.

Time is the best treatment for nasal swelling after cosmetic surgery. Keeping your head elevated, maintaining the nasal splint/cast, ice, arnica montana, and following your plastic surgeon's guideline may help reduce rhinoplasty swelling. Persistent swelling may also be reduced by steroid treatment into the nose. Don't hesitate to speak to your plastic surgeon about any swelling.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taping nose after rhinoplasty

+1

I do not routinely tape the nose once the splint comes off. I do not think it helps in any way. The swelling will go away on its own and it takes several months or longer.

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Taping after rhinoplasty is not necessary but it can be helpful in reducing swelling. As you can see, every surgeon has a different preference and experience when it comes to postoperative care. We tend to find taping useful, especially for patients with thicker skin or when the nose has been reduced a fair bit. It is important to maintain your relationship with your surgeon and follow instructions as only he or she knows what was done during your procedure. Hang in there. The swelling will subside fairly quickly at this point.

Nose taping after rhinoplasty.

+1

One week of the cast  or tape is all you need. The swelling will slowly go down and taping longer won't help.

Taping the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It is always best to follow your individual rhinoplasty surgeon's advice.  I usually leave tape and splint on the nose for 5 days.  You should sleep with your head elevated above your heart to minimize swellling in the morning.  After that time period I have not found taping to be of further value.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Tape on your nose is removed around 1 week after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

It sounds like your surgeon is recommending that you keep tape on your nose to reduce swelling. You should certainly follow your doctor's advice: it won't hurt.

I routinely remove all nasal tape around 7 days after Rhinoplasty Surgery, and I don't ask my patients to reapply tape. It's normal to see eyelid swelling and nasal swelling more pronounced in the morning than the evening. If you can, try to sleep with your head elevated to minimize facial swelling. The majority of your swelling should dissipate over the next 2 weeks.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taping the nose AFTER Nose Surgery

+1

Taping the nose after nose surgery keeps the nose swelling to a minimum. Without it, the skin would be lifted by the swelling and it would take a lot longer for it to correct itself. There is no magic pill to take the place of following your surgeon's orders. you need to be more patient and follow the process.