Taping my Nose After Open Rhinoplasty?

I had open rhinoplasty on the 25th of June 2010. You can see my concerns about the swelling at the tip of my nose in the other question I posted. I started taping down the tip of my nose because I just had the urge to somehow press down that tip. After keeping my nose taped down over night, the next day it looks pretty decent for about 5-6 hours.

My question is: does the fact that it looks decent after being taped down indicate that it has a chance of looking that way after it heals entirely?

Taping after nose job.

+1

The simple and stragihtforward answer to your question about nose taping is that yes, it is possible for your nose to appear similar to the result achieved immediately after removing the tape. However, that may take 1-2 years.

Taping Nose after Open Rhinoplasty

+1

As previously stated you do have swelling 3-4  months after an open rhinoplasty. The appearance of the tip will improve - only time will tell if you and your surgeon will be satisfied.

Taping Nasal Tip After Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi January,

It's like my European mother used to say about chicken soup, "It can't hurt".  If your nose looks a little better for up to 6 hours after taping, then it is okay to continue.  Only time will tell if your nose will eventually be pleasing to you.  Let us know in 6 to 12 months.  Good luck and I hope that all works our well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Swelling of the Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you still may have tip swelling being that your only 4 months post - op. The tapping can help reduce the swelling. By 9 to 12 months that swelling should be gone, if not you may want to consider kenelog injections.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS