What is a Tape Therapy?

I had my tummy tuck last week. The dressing was removed the day after, And today, POD 6, my PS removed my drain and some of my belly button sutures. She said next week when I'll see her again to remove my incision dressings, probably my steri-strips(?) she said once we're done with that we'll start the tape therapy, i have no idea what that means. I got so excited with my results, i forgot to ask her about the therapy.

What is a Tape Therapy?

+2

Some surgeons recommend using tapes--some use steristrips, some use silicone strips to try to improve scarring. If everyone though it worked, everyone would prescribe them. Be sure to ask about the specifics to your surgeon at your next visit.

Thanks and best wishes. 

It varies

+2

Thank you for the question.  Every plastic surgeon has his/her own method of taking care of the incision during the healing process.  Some plastic surgeons like to use paper tape others prefer silicone tape.  Your plastic surgeon will guide you along the process.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Tape therapy minimizes scarring

+2

Tape therapy is applying tapes to the incision to keep the scar from becoming too noticeable. It may or may not help with the final result of your scar, but it will help in the first several weeks after surgery when the scar tends to be red and raised.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tape therapy

+1

You must be talking about silicone or other type of coated tape. I don't use this and I don't  find it to have any benefit.