Is Use of Tape for Swelling Useful Even After 12 Months Post-op? Or Not?

Still have swelling in my nose and most of it in and around the tip. Is there any benefit / point / use in taping my nose after 12 months post-op. Does taping even have any effect at late stage (12 months down the line)? If it does then I will re-start taping. I really need the swelling to go down now. Been over a year now. I am too far from my Dr to go get steroid injections - he;s in US and I'm in UK. I don't trust / know of any competent Dr in UK to get steroid injections from!

Tape For Rhinoplasty

+1

Most of the time, the natural course at this point will be for the swelling to continue going down. This typically takes 24 months unlike what you hear in most blogs and internet sites. It's important to continue to be patient as you await your final results during this time.

Taping the Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Taping the nose after rhinoplasty is effective for the first 1 to 2 weeks.  Steroid injections would be a better idea at this point.

Rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Dear ams1979,

You could try a dermatologist who does steroid injections

It is a pretty common thing to do after rhinoplasty, and worth seeking out a surgeon in the UK, try looking on realself for a surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

No effect of taping 12 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Taping is pretty effective during the early post-operative period, but it will not have any impact 12 months after surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Use of Tape 12 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

12 months after Rhinoplasty, use of tape will have minimal if any benefit with swelling.  Taping is effective for the 1st week or two after the procedure.  Whether or not a steroid injection will be beneficial can only be determined by a physical examination.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon